It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2009-Current: My 1990 Celica Alltrac
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

10-21-09: Bought my 1990 Toyota Celica Alltrac!

01-05-10: Bought my first aftermarket parts for the car! HKS Exhaust, H&R Spacers (for the wheels I was picking up a day later), wheel lug nuts for the same wheels, and an Autometer ES boost gauge!

01-06-10: Picked up a set of used Motegi Tracklite 17x8 +42 offset wheels. They are 14.2 lbs!!!

01-07-10: My HKS Black Edition blow off valve and Topspeed 3" down pipe arrived.

01-10-10: Installed exhaust!

01-15-10: JSpeed strengthened rear diff mount!

Boost gauge installed as well.

Also a brand new set of OEM JDM clear corners!

Fall of 2010: Bought a brand new JDM OEM RC bumper conversion!

Painted!

Then I bought a new set of tires! Sumitomo HTRZ-IIs in 235/40/17 all around.

10-31-10: Took a picture shortly after the bumper install. This is how the car currently sits.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 2009-Current: My 1990 Celica Alltrac
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

So I finally got fed up with my leather seats in the Celica (the driver side one is trashed, and the passenger side one is not too great either). So I called the wrecking yard and asked them how much seats are knowing they had some from when I picked up the fender the other day. He replied $30 per seat for the front and $30 for the rear. So $90 total. I thought that wasn't TERRIBLE, but nothing awesome either. So I went to see if I felt like grabbing them.

I got to the yard and after a while looking over my choices (there are about 6 Celicas, 4 of them being wide body cars like mine), I decided against a set of blue seats that were in great shape for a set of gray (to match my interior) seats that were in good physical condition, but were pretty dirty. So I asked the front guy (after walking all the way back up to put my tools away) if I could get some help/use something to help move a full set of seats up to the counter. He said I had to go find some guy out in the yard trolling around in a mini-van... wtf? lol

Anyways, after three trips to bring the seats up the guy asked how much I was quoted. I told him that he quoted me $30 for each seat (back seat being one), but that these were pretty dirty so I asked him if he'd do $25 each. He told me they were really clean, and I told him they really aren't, lol. He then agreed to $25 (not great, but still a decent deal for all 4 seats @ $75). Then he said, "so $50 for everything right?" I smiled and said, "yup!" So I ended up scoring everything for $50 at the end, ha ha.

Anyways, sorry for the long story, I thought it was funny. Here are pics of the seats before cleaning them (already cleaned one seat today, rest tomorrow).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:30 pm 
Site Admin

Crappy cell phone pic, but I finally got the center panel to match the tail lights!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

Got my 3" Mid-pipe today with interchangeable V-Band CAT and Test-Pipe from TrackForged. Can't wait to get it on the car! Have to wait for a dry day though... ha ha.

Offline Profile